Monday, January 23, 2012

Cinnamon Rolls

Posted by -mmw2008- Con DeLight
 
January's challenge on Have The Cake is Cinnamon Rolls.
At first, my intention was to step aside and wait for next month's challenge
but talking with my good friend Winnie, I've changed my mind and decided to make cinrolls that will be tasty for me too- and there's nothing more appropriate than Chocolate!
I must say the result is amazing :)

Ingredients:
For the dough:
T dry yeast
4 cups flour
2 L eggs + egg yolk
½ t salt
½ cup canola oil
½ cup white sugar
¼ cup warm water

For the filling:
30G milk chocolate, grated
1/8 cup white sugar
T ground cinnamon
12.5G butter

For the Topping:
112.5G butter
1 ¼ cup packed brown sugar


Preparation:
Mix the dry ingredients of the dough, add the liquids and knead until you form an elastic
and smooth dough. Set aside to rise – my dough hasn't risen much and I guess it's
because of my yeasts or the lack of willingness in my side to wait :)
Meanwhile, make the topping by melting the butter and then adding the brown sugar.
Spread in a baking pan- You can use two small pans as I did (one round and the other a rectangle)
or you can use small-medium baking pan.
Mix the filling ingredients together, except the butter.
Roll the dough to form a thin rectangle. Melt the butter and spread over the dough.
Spread the filling on top of the butter and make a roll. Cut the roll into rings.
Place the rings on the pan we made earlier. Heat oven to 175C and bake for 20 minutes.
When the cinnamon rolls is out from the oven, wait for about 5 minutes
and then turn it on a plate. Doesn't it look gorgeous? Yummy :)

15 comments:

Elizabeth said...

One of my favorite foods!

Amalia said...

I still have yet to make these delicious swirls! Great recipe, they look so delicious!

Elpiniki said...

They look so delicious!

Lena Jayadev said...

woww...im drooling here.. its my fav...

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

wow...fantastic dish...just stuffed with goodies..:)
Tasty Appetite

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

Mmmmm....cinnamon rolls!! Yummmy!

Con Delight said...

Thanks everyone :)

Unknown said...

I know I'm strange but I have never made cinnamon rolls despite my love of cinnamon! I really must rectify this! Looks fabulous!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I always love a good cinnamon roll. These look great!

Christy Gerald said...

Quite addictive n drool-worthy Cinnamon Rolls Dear.Perfect Bake!

Winnie said...

I will tell here as well - they look amazingly delicious!
I'm so glad I've convinced you to make them.

Con Delight said...

So nice reading such good comments, thanks all!

Vivian Thiele said...

Great looking rolls!

Con Delight said...

Thanks Vivian :)

Winnie said...

Hi Michal

I am happy to pass on the "Liebster award" to your wonderful blog - "Con Delight"!
Please do take out time to stop by and collect your award.
See you here:
http://winnish.blogspot.com/2012/02/blog-post_21.html

(This part of the post is in English)

Winnie