Monday, March 19, 2012

Pastel Cake Pops

Posted by - Rena

As usual, I was standing in Michael's staring at pastel colored nonpareils. I had to have them.


I decided to make my pumpkin "fake cake" as my base. The cake is a can of pumpkin mixed with vanilla cake mix. The combination makes the most delicious cake ever with barely any calories. The cake is very moist because of the pumpkin so I didn't need to add much frosting. I really didn't need to add any but what fun would that be?

I dipped the cake balls in white candy melts which you can find at Michael's as well. I guess they are mostly for candy molding but they worked perfectly for the cake pops. I then dipped them in the nonpareils. They were mighty tasty!

I didn't realize how dark and fuzzy the pictures were until it was too late - meaning they were in my belly already - so you get vintage-looking photos. Imagine my mom making these with my help in the 70's while I'm wearing my patchwork overalls.


20 comments:

beti said...

they look so cute!!! I really liked them

Unknown said...

I?ve never done pop tart i'll try

Unknown said...

LOL fort he vintage look. Pops look great.

April said...

Adorable! Love the addition of hundreds and thousands!

Giovanna said...

meraviglioseeeee complimenti

Vivian Thiele said...

personally I am a sprinkle addict so I obviously gravitate towards anything with them. Great job! Will have to try the cake mix and pumpkin... sounds amazing!

Kim, USA said...

This is yummy!! A cake pops is really good for those like me who are into diet, lol!

Amy said...

How fun. I love your idea of adding pumpkin into the cake for moisture. There are so much fun to eat, I'm sure.

Shoutforfood said...

A great day, there's no better way to start the day.

Cathleen said...

Oh these are the cutest! I must make some soon!

Rathai's recipe said...

They look really cute. I have never made cake pops but am definitely going to give them a try as I have a huge sweet tooth. :) Thanks for checking out my blog.

Gintare @Gourmantine said...

I have one word for them: adorable :)

Unknown said...

Lovely!!! I had never heard of your group, now I want to bake next month's challenge!!!

KitchenKarma said...

The cake pop series is ongoing I see :-) They look so much fun :-)

Colleen said...

Pumpkin and vanilla cake mix-yes please!!! anything pumpkin, really.

Sophie said...

CUTE! Please consider linking up to my first link party! I would love some more links! :) Thanks! -Sophie

ISABELLA said...

Passa da me ho una cosa in serbo per te smack ISA

easyfoodsmith said...

Very cute and colourful pops!

Dreams of cakes said...

Beautiful cake pops!

LinsFood said...

Too cute! I feel like kicking myself, the whole month's almost gone and we haven't made ours! Love your sprinkles, my 4 year old is next to me saying I thought we were doing that, mummy?!