Sunday, April 1, 2012

Beauty and the Beast

Posted by - Miss C @ Tête-à-Tête 4 Food

Macaroons look simple, the ingredient list is not long or peppered with unusual things BUT do not be fooled they are tricky things to make! However I found them really fun to create!
These are my Raspberry and White Chocolate macaroons I made for Valentines Day this year, hope you enjoy!



As a child I loved watching Disney movies and Beauty and the Beast was a favourite. From this day I still remember the rose in the jar and my panic stricken grief as the petals started to fall one by one. I thought it would be a lovely theme for my Valentine's post. What I thought of love as a child was influenced a lot by the fairytale styled Disney films and hopefully this post portrays the sweetness and innocence of love. I sometimes still believe in fairytales!

So, I have made raspberry and white chocolate macaroons finished off with roses for decorations. The rose in the glass jar is my inspiration and I was sure to feature it as part of my presentation. I hope you enjoy this post and cherish your childhood memories. 


19 comments:

Unknown said...

These look perfect!!

Unknown said...

Awww I m speechless. well done

LinsFood said...

Absolutely gorgeous colours in your presentation! I love the whole upside down glass thing! And that was FAST! Great job!

April said...

Thanks everyone!

@Lin, these are the Raspberry and White Chocolate macaroons I made for Valentines Day this year, thats why it was so fast! I tried making them all of last year and they just never worked, so it takes quite a while!
x

Vivian Thiele said...

beautiful presentation!

Shoutforfood said...

I've been drooling over your photos of this dish

PinayinTexas said...

Simply beautiful! Lovely presentation!

nannina65 said...

Deliziosi, anche io amo quel cartone animato, è dolcissimo. Brava.

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

awesome

Tasty Appetite

What's Baking?? said...

Beautiful macaroons..glad to follow you.

Erin said...

Beautiful! And your pictures are amazing!!!

Unknown said...

Pretty macarons over there, it definitely not an easy taks to bake...do you have macarons recipe which i can follow?

Hotly Spiced said...

I have made macarons before and they are VERY tricky. I have researched them on google and tried to find how to make them look like the perfect ones you see in magazines. Despite all my research I haven't been able to master the macaron. Yours look amazing!

easyfoodsmith said...

These look so lovely and also your presentation is so beautiful.

Cathleen said...

Oh my word. The presentation is just gorgeous! I love it!

idesign said...

very cute, love the wineglass presentation :)

Alida said...

This is ever so pretty. Your photography is getting better and better. Excellent post. Take care X

Winnie said...

The perfect choice for me - raspberry and white chocolate! Just my taste.
They look very pretty

Unknown said...

What a fun presentation! I am interested in making macaroons too. We had the most delicious macaroons at Laduree in Paris. I've wanted to bake some up since. Thanks for the inspiration!