Friday, January 18, 2013

Lemon and Blueberry muffins

Posted by - Rhonda's Saucy Adventures
Lemon and Blueberry muffins

Recipe adapted from BBC Food

I found two recipes that looked really good...I couldn't decide so I made both. These were my husbands favorites. I had extra crumble left over from the other recipe so I put it on top of these mini muffins. I liked both muffins so I will keep both recipes in my GO TO binder.

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sugar, plus 2 tsp for sprinkling
1/2 cup blueberries
1 tbsp lemon juice
zest from 1 lemon
2 eggs
5fl oz lemon yogurt

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a 12-hole deep muffin tin with paper cases.
  2. Melt the butter in a small pan over a low heat then set aside to cool for a few minutes.
  3. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and stir in the sugar, blueberries and lemon zest. Make a well in the center.
  4. Beat the eggs with a whisk until smooth then beat in the yogurt, milk and melted butter until well combined. Stir into the flour mixture with a large metal spoon until very lightly mixed.
  5. Divide the batter between the muffin cases. Place a teaspoon of the lemon curd on top of each one and sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Bake for 20 minutes or until well risen and golden-brown. Serve warm or allow to cool on a wire rack. (The lemon curd will be very hot, so don’t eat as soon as they come out of the oven.)

7 comments:

Katarina said...

These look really delicious! Have a great day!

anthony stemke said...

Even the title sounds so good.

Em said...

these look delicious, youve even got that little muffin top like a pro!

Amy said...

I always love the tart lemon and sweet blueberries flavor combination. No wonderful these are a keeper. I bet the crumble topping makes them extra delicious too!

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said...

looks really delicious n yum! Have a nice day!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

YUMMY another delicious recipe! Thanks for another recipe :)

Rhonda's Favorites and Flops said...

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the comments.